Friday, May 22, 2009

Gold Prize of the 2009 Korean Speech Contest

The 2009 Korean Speech Contest was held on Saturday 16th, May 2009 at the Cinnamon Grand Hotel in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It was organized for the 3rd time by the KOICA and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea. I won the Gold Prize (금상) of the Contest.

9 contestants were participated the event. We were supposed to make a speech for five minutes on an unforgettable event or person in the life. I spoke about my "second marriage" with my Philippine friend Maricel. Actually, we participated a traditional wedding ceremony in Seoul in 2008 as the bride and bride groom. The crowed and the panel of judges were very interested about the speech.

Five prizes were given to the contestants including the Grand Prize, Gold Prize, Silver prize, Bronze Prize and KOICA Prize. The award encourages me to study Korean language and culture more and more.

Fore more information with photos, please visit: CPI Website

I love Korea!!!

2 comments:

cel said...

congratulations tharanga, i'm proud to be your "bride" in Korea ha ha! keep up and good luck!

NSF Workshop on Library 2.0 said...

Thanks Maricel